Posted By: Marketing /
With NDAs in place, it’s challenging to share a good portion of what went down in Nashville at the Microsoft Dynamics FY16 Kick Off event. I can most definitely say that the energy was amazing with approximately 1,000 Microsoft professionals in attendance.
Following the event’s theme of Evolution of Industry, the program focused on the velocity of Microsoft’s shared industry vision and revenue, which included a larger showcase of Dynamics CRM and Dynamics NAV as compared to previous kick off events. Marietta Davis, Vice President of US Dynamics for Microsoft, highlighted her strong vision for the future of Microsoft Dynamics and its ability to revolutionize new industries through partners and customers. Davis, along with her Dynamics colleagues, shared some key points and goals regarding the growth in the Dynamics space:
- 271% growth in net online growth
- Market share was focused on AX, but the US looks to grow it to $215 million volume revenue including AX, GP, NAV and SL
- 16% market share targeted growth for Dynamics AX in FY16 - Ambitious and doable!
Overall, the message heard from center stage was that what’s transpiring is the mainstreaming of Dynamics. Davis summed up Microsoft’s vision by emphasizing, “Together we will drive the Dynamics business forward, greater as a whole than as a sum of the parts. By obsessing about our customers and partners while we grow the business, we will reach our mission and vision stronger together.”
Howard Walovitch, US SMB ERP (SL/GP/NAV) and CRM Sales Director for Microsoft, shared that the ERP SMB Team had a stellar FY15 and that he’s looking forward to seeing that momentum going strong in FY16. Kudos to Walovitch & the SMB Team, and to all the Microsoft Partners making this happen! A couple of points shared during his presentation:
- The focus of his team is to provide solutions that incorporate Dynamics ERP (SL/GP/NAV), CRM, O365, Azure and BI to support the full business needs of end customers. The team includes Sales, Partner Account Management, Strategy and Presales, and it represents the heart of the Dynamics sales channel.
- The “Give Me 5” Promotion is coming back for Dynamics GP and NAV. This promotion expires September 27th, 2015.
Microsoft recruited John Foley, former Lead Solo Pilot for the US Navy Blue Angels, as the closing keynote speaker, and wow, what energy he brought to the stage! We anticipated that John would inspire us with his energy and his commitment to serving others, and that he did. During his time on stage, John also presented a unique framework that makes High Performance possible for anyone in any organization.
If you attended the Microsoft Dynamics FY16 Kick Off, while we have to keep our lips tight when it comes to what we discuss with others, we have free reign in the feedback we share with Microsoft. Complete the event surveys when they come to you and be sure Microsoft understands the importance of holding this event for its partner community.