On 9-11 October 2019, over 2,300 attendees joined the 12th annual Directions EMEA event in Vienna, Austria for Microsoft Dynamics Small and Medium Business partners. This partner-only event represented 50 countries in Europe, Latin America, and APAC.
Over 120 Microsoft staff were present and contributed to 2 keynotes, and many of the 150 breakout sessions that were focused on best practices, common data services, and deep dive development workshops. The keynote speakers were Toby Bowers, GM Dynamics SMB and Industry; and Cecilia Flombaun, WW Business Applications Partner Lead. Some keynote takeaways were:
- Business Central Adoption. Nearly 1,400 partners have implemented Business Center in 4,000 companies. Half of the partners are in Europe.
- Business Central Wave 2, October 2019. The “wave 2” release includes over 100 product enhancements. For example, it is now simple to set up multiple companies with different localizations. Other notable updates are the ability to have multiple screens to simplify data comparison, and screen timeouts can be extended to 2 hours.
- More AppSource Applications. There are 9,000+ apps on AppSource including different Business Central Modules. This is expected to grow as partners seek to create solution bundles with unique IP, methods, and 'kick start' consulting services.
- Getting the Word Out. Microsoft will engage with industry analysts and research firms to educate on the Business Central capabilities and value propositions.
- New Logo. With the October release (Wave 2) of Business Central comes a new logo!
There were many partner sessions, and best practices from consultants. A common theme throughout the sessions was repeatability: Repeatability in partners' approach to delivering solutions, which leads to predictable results, and confidence to continue the journey with customers. It's an important theme for customers that have been running NAV for many years with customizations deep in the heart of it. Reliably and systematically migrating business processes to Business Central beats a big bang approach any time.
Data Masons is fully aligned with the repeatability theme. Our approach helps customers migrate EDI and other integration work by completely eliminating the need to customize or deploy add-ons to Business Central. Adding new customers, suppliers, or other trading partners is done in days that even some clients can do on their own.
To find out more, please view our on-demand webinar, "Moving AX and NAV to the Cloud: Eliminate EDI Customization" and visit us at www.Datamasons.com.