It’s the beginning of a new year and you may have either just gone live with your new Dynamics 365 environment or are well into your implementation. This implementation is just part of a corporate-wide initiative to improve operational efficiencies, maximize employee productivity and increase customer satisfaction. However, now it’s time to address your customer’s EDI mandates and requests, but you have no idea where to begin.
Selecting the right EDI solution can be a daunting task, especially when EDI is not a core competency within your company. Nothing can impact a new EDI project more aggressively than choosing a solution based on assumptions or “facts” not thoroughly researched, only to find out later that the solution you selected cannot support all your company’s needs and/or Trading Partner’s requirements. It’s an all too common occurrence, but by understanding some basic principles you can eliminate unexpected surprises, reduce risk, and maximize the overall performance of your new EDI solution.
Here are a few items you should consider when selecting EDI software for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for full automation and integration:
- Choose a provider that specializes in EDI for Microsoft Dynamics
- Choose a comprehensive EDI integration platform that is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Certified
- Consider future scalability and performance needs for potential new EDI Trading Partners
- Evaluate and understand automation needs to eliminate manual processes
- Consider the importance of having complete visibility into historical document lifecycles
- Consider future Dynamics 365 version upgrades and what impact that will have with EDI
- Understand the ongoing costs needed to customize a tool(s) to meet ongoing compliance requirements
- Understand the ongoing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) when factoring in transactional fees
If you’re interested in learning more about EDI best practices and more detailed information to consider when selecting EDI software for Microsoft Dynamics 365, download this paper, “Dynamics 365 - A Radical Change for AX: Critical Information for Companies Upgrading Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 for Operations”.