Posted By: Marketing /
More than 16,000 attendees gathered in Washington, D.C. yesterday for the annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), and I’m glad to be one of them! A few highlights below along with a couple links to more detailed articles:
- 1. As anticipated, the cloud took top billing. Microsoft Channel Chief Phil Sorgen shares his perspective on all of the Microsoft news announced at WPC in his “WPC Day 1 News: Winning together in a mobile-first, cloud-first world” blog post.
2. Microsoft announced that they’re making strategic updates to the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) that will help partners grow their business with improved support, benefits and incentives. Microsoft further highlighted the company’s commitment to enabling partners to build successful cloud practices.
3. Neil Holloway, Corporate Vice President of MBS Sales and Partners, outlines the MBS news items in his “Microsoft Dynamics: Blazing a Path to the Cloud with our Partners.” Specifically, Microsoft Dynamics announced:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online in Open Licensing: John Case, corporate vice president of Microsoft Office, announced at the keynote that Dynamics CRM Online will be available through the Microsoft Open Licensing program sometime "this fiscal year."
- Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider program: Microsoft plans to roll out the program over the next 12 months starting with Office 365 and Intune, and later Azure and Dynamics CRM Online. It will be available in 48 countries to select partners, according to Case.
- Readiness Partner Program Enhancements
- Cloud Business Application Competency: Microsoft plans to launch three new competencies focused on its cloud services
Redmond Channel Partner published an informative article, “WPC 2014: Microsoft Plans Cloud-Focused MPN Changes, Announces Dynamics CRM on Open."
And drum roll…WPC 2015 will be in Orlando - Register now! Visit the Digital WPC blog for more details coming from the event. On-demand video footage of yesterday’s keynotes will be available today on DigitalWPC.com.