Posted By: Heather Robinson /
The AX | CRM Industry Summit kicked off yesterday in San Antonio and the consensus is that that the sessions are awesome! Yesterday’s opening presentations included: Judson Althorff, President North America Sales & Marketing, who spoke about Microsoft’s investment in Dynamics and Jane Boulware, VP of US windows Devices, who spoke about the hosts of devices and options that Microsoft is using to reach the enterprise.
There was a lot of focus on the “category of one,” referencing that Microsoft is the only company with a comprehensive solution portfolio of cloud, devices, business services etc. They acknowledged that there is a point solution like Sales Force, and ERP players, or Google, but only Microsoft offers the full suite with integrated experience.
Althoff also provided a demo of the “sales productivity solution” (an existing app on the Microsoft store) with live title demos of BI with full integration to the back off systems, including CRM mobile and Dynamics.
Interesting tidbits from the presentations:
- Microsoft saw a 10% growth last quarter when most competitors were not even half of this growth – strategy is working! Per Boulware, Dynamics AX grew by 40% last year.
- Doubled CRM seats last year.
- Microsoft is focused on partners: Microsoft consulting represents 4% of installations where partners represent 96%.
- Key TrendsSocial Media: 4.5 billion people on social mediaSkype: 2 billion minutes used every day
Mobile: 6.8 billion mobile subscribers
Big Data: 5 billion gigabytes collected every 10 minutes.
- 57% of customers are through their sales cycle before they talk to their reseller. The number grows to 70% for complex sales.
Looking forward to Day 2!