Posted By: Marketing /
There was an extraordinary amount of energy at WPC 2013 yesterday with 14,000 attendees representing 150 countries across the globe. And to keep the momentum going, who else but Steve Ballmer shared in his keynote about Microsoft's transformation and the four trends underpinning it - cloud, mobility, big data and enterprise social. For more information on Ballmer's energized keynote, take a look at:
Some of yesterday's most talked about announcements:
- IDC Cloud Profitability Study: In talking with companies that generated more than 50 percent of their revenues from the cloud, IDC saw that these partners are growing at more than double the rate.
- Office 365 growth is explosive: Office 365 is on track to become one of the fastest growing businesses.
- New partner incentive program TouchWins: We will provide incentives to authorized distributor and reseller partners who sell Featured PCs and tablets with Windows 8 Pro and touch.
- Windows 8.1 RTM available to OEM partners in late August: This means OEMs will be able to get the RTM bits and begin preparing devices with Windows 8.1 just in time for the holidays!
- User Experience Design Competency: This competency will provide a way for partners to train their designers and get recognized for their expertise with the Microsoft Design Language.
Off to Day 2 in Houston!