Posted By: Heather Robinson /
The Microsoft Dynamics AX Tech Conference kicked off yesterday where the general availability of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 was announced to be December 1, 2012.
The keynote, including presentations by Christian Pedersen, General Manager of Microsoft Dynamics Product Marketing Group and Hal Howard, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Dynamics ERP R&D, focused on high level details:
- Over 1100 attendees at the event: 50% from North America, 30% from EMEA, 10% from Latin America, 10% from Asia Pacific
- There will be over 75 sessions at the event
- Key new enhancements for the R2 release:
- Increased BI functionality (some of which requires SQL 2012)
- Data partitioning to allow separation of legal entities
- Focused functionality for specific industries
- Retail, manufacturing, public sector, service industries
- Regulatory Compliance added for 11 addition countries (36 total now)
- Simplified deployments
- US payroll features
Read the Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX blog to learn more about all the enhancements coming with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. And stay tuned in the coming weeks on additional product details and customer success stories.
You can also read the blog post Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Coming December 1st article posted by Christian Pedersen. And follow #AX2012R2 on Twitter to stay up to date on the conference announcements and future updates regarding AX R2.