During Monday’s opening keynote session in Houston, Microsoft officially announced that the next version of GP will be Dynamics GP 2013 due for release calendar Q4 of 2012. This is not just a web client release - there are more than 150 new features to help GP-based organizations get down to business without over-burdening the IT person.
Errol Schoenfish gave a good overview of the highlights in his post “Announcing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013“ on the Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP blog. Errol reports that with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 you can:
Become a connected, forward-looking organization.
- Equipped with the Business Analyzer dashboard that is now easily accessible over the web, you and your team will be able to quickly track key performance indicators, anticipate opportunities, delegate tasks, or take informed action. The Business Analyzer delivers role-specific insight across your business, so each member of your team can drill down to relevant details, collaborate with others, and take quick action right from their Microsoft Dynamics GP home page.
- Provide all of your employees with web access to Microsoft Dynamics GP, so they can connect and contribute wherever they are, from their PC or mobile device.
Position your business on a platform for growth.
- With Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft Office, you can align your enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and productivity solutions on a single, powerful platform to drive deep integration and connections across your business.
- Make your information technology more strategic by centralizing maintenance, security, and administration on your server in a multitenant environment, eliminating individual desktop updates and the need to maintain Terminal Services deployments. Free up your IT team to execute projects that create strategic value for your business.
Drive efficiency up while you drive costs down.
- Enhanced capabilities across financial management, purchasing, asset and inventory management, shipping, receiving, and more. Microsoft Dynamics 2013 simplifies day-to-day functions and processes increasing productivity and driving costs out of your business.
Follow the Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP blog starting next week when the MS team begins their Inside Look at Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013.