- Vantage Point EDI Overview
- EDI Workflow Scheduler
- Purchase Orders
- Planning Schedule/Release
- Supply Chain EDI (Supplier Facing)
- Remote Warehouse Integration
- Transportation Management System
- PO Acknowledgement System
- Product Activity
- Product Catalog
- VAN Service
- Universal Data Translator
- Other EDI Transactions
EDI 753/754 Routing Requests
A push-button solution for complex EDI documents
Some trading partners such as JCPenney, Cabela’s, Kohl’s and AAFES use 753 Request for Routing and 754 Routing Instructions to communicate final routing information for purchase orders, purchase order overrides and to authorize shipments. While most inbound EDI purchase orders include shipment destination information and dates, these retailers are now sending or planning to send purchase orders (850s) without finalized routing instructions. This information is sent later, via the 754. This process has a limited time window – as little as 24 hours prior to shipment. When the final routing instructions are received from the partner, a final ASN is created at the click of a mouse and never requires duplicate data entry.
While routing requests complicate the EDI transaction process, Vantage Point has a solution that makes it simple and efficient. Using the Vantage Point EDI 753 and 754 Routing Requests solution, you’ll be able to properly manage and respond to customer routing requests accurately with minimal added effort.
Benefits for Vantage Point EDI users
- Sends a routing request and receives an authorization for the shipment
- Updates outbound shipments and ASNs automatically based on received routing instructions
- Satisfies your trading partners’ 753/754 compliance requirements
- Provides a 754 report that lets users easily determine what orders the retailer has authorized to ship
File format flexibility
Files can be loaded and integrated from a variety of formats, including ASC X12, EDIFACT, ASCII delimited or fixed position, and XML.