- Provides the means for efficient and error-free communication with remote (third party logistics) warehouses
- Saves time by transmitting outbound shipment and billing orders automatically
- A key ingredient for efficient and accurate supply chain distribution activities
- Automatically generates the 940 Warehouse Shipping Order directly from Pick Tickets
- Selects orders for billing from the 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice
- Vantage Point EDI Overview
- EDI Workflow Scheduler
- Purchase Orders
- Planning Schedule/Release
- Supply Chain EDI (Supplier Facing)
- Remote Warehouse Integration
- Transportation Management System
- PO Acknowledgement System
- Product Activity
- Product Catalog
- VAN Service
- Universal Data Translator
- Other EDI Transactions
EDI for 940/945 Warehouse Documents
Integrated EDI documents save time and reduce errors
Does your company use or plan to use remote (third-party logistics) warehouses for the distribution of goods? If so, many warehouses utilize an electronic business document exchange system that saves time, increases efficiency and eliminates common errors. If you are using Vantage Point EDI, these outbound shipment and billing orders documents can be automatically generated and transmitted directly from Microsoft Dynamics™ Sales Order Pick Tickets.
Efficient, accurate and integrated supply chain distribution
Remote warehouse EDI documents are separated into two transactions: the 940 Warehouse Shipping Order and 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice. The 940 is a Request to Ship document that directs the remote warehouse to ship an order with all of the associated shipment detail including items and customer ship-to information. The 945 Shipment Advice is returned from the remote warehouse, which provides the information necessary to invoice the customer or even send the ASN from Vantage Point EDI.
Both documents are integrated with Microsoft Dynamics Sales Order Entry system. The 940 Warehouse Shipping Order is generated and transmitted from sales order information. The 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice can optionally select the order for billing using the information transmitted by the remote warehouse.
Detailed EDI for large retailers
Vantage Point EDI is the perfect warehouse management system for companies shipping to large retailers such as Target and Wal-Mart that require detailed ASN information from the remote warehouse.
File format flexibility
Files can be loaded and integrated from a variety of formats, including ASC X12, EDIFACT, ASCII delimited or fixed position, and XML.