Making sure it's the right fit
Although all EDI solutions can pass business documents between your company and its trading partners, not all of these solutions are the best fit for your company’s needs. A variety of issues can make the difference between a value-added EDI solution and one that can drain your company’s resources.
A few things to consider are ERP integration, industry experience, document support, transaction volume, and total cost of ownership.
Here are four questions to determine whether Vantage Point EDI is the right choice for your company...
1. Are you currently running or considering the following ERP solutions?
- Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Dynamics AX (v2.5, v3, v4, AX 2009, AX 2012)
- Dynamics GP (v9, v10, GP 2010, GP 2013, GP 2015, GP 2016, GP 2018)
- Dynamics NAV (v5, NAV 2009, NAV 2013, NAV 2015, NAV 2016, NAV 2018)
- EDI for Macola
2. Do you trade any of the following business documents?
- Purchase Orders
- Planning Schedule/Release
- Supply Chain EDI (supplier-facing)
- Remote Warehouse Integration)
- Transportation Management System
- Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- Product Activity
- Product Catalog
3. Does your company operate in any of the following industries?
- Consumer packaged goods and hardlines
- Fashion, apparel, and Footwear
- FDA-regulated pharmaceuticals
- Fresh produce/food
- Fulfillment and third-party logistics providers
- General industrial
4. Is your transaction volume modest to high?
If you answered yes to these questions, then Vantage Point EDI could be a good fit for your company. Contact Data Masons to discuss these and other questions and to find out how Data Masons can make your company’s EDI a competitive advantage.