- Vantage Point EDI Overview
- Vantage Point EDI Scheduler
- Purchase Orders (850/875)
- Invoices (810/880)
- ASN (856/DESADV)
- Planning Schedule/Release (830/862 & DELFOR/DELJIT)
- Supply Chain EDI (Supplier Facing)
- Remote Warehouse Integration (940/945)
- Transportation Management System (753/754)
- PO Acknowledgement System (855/865)
- Product Activity (852)
- Product Catalog (832)
- VAN Service
- Universal Data Translator
- Other EDI Transactions
EDI Invoicing (810 and 880)
EDI invoicing is a crucial aspect of the EDI business cycle. Effective EDI invoicing can mean the difference between efficient payment processing and costly delays.
One-step conversion of accounting invoices into EDI-compliant invoices
Vantage Point EDI is designed to extract invoice data from your accounting system and render partner-compliant EDI invoicing. Most accounting systems do not store the EDI data necessary to produce a complete EDI invoice. Vantage Point EDI manages this issue so your company can send partner-compliant invoices.
Because Vantage Point EDI captures all EDI-related references in the original purchase order and provides powerful cross-reference functionality, it can produce EDI-compliant invoices from accounting system invoices that do not store all of the EDI data. In other words, required EDI-related information does not have to exist in the accounting system itself.
Rigorous partner-specific data checking
Unlike most EDI solutions, Vantage Point EDI warns users of compliance errors before transmission. Invoice data is checked against each partner's specific requirements; when critical information is missing, a warning is triggered. For example, Wal-Mart may require a tracking number with the invoice while Sears may not. As a result, a missing tracking number will trigger a warning for Wal-Mart but not for Sears.
Also unlike most EDI solutions, Vantage Point EDI does not force users to provide information the partner does not require.
Other benefits include
- Standard Allowance Charge (SAC) handling with all supported accounting systems
- Sales tax and value added tax (VAT) support
- Supported data formats include XML, ASCII Flat File, EDIFACT and ANSI X.12
- EDI invoices can be edited before being sent out
- EDI invoices previously sent may be re-transmitted in needed
File Format Flexibility
Files can be loaded and integrated from a variety of formats, including ASC X12, EDIFACT, ASCII delimited or fixed position, and XML.