- Vantage Point EDI Overview
- EDI Workflow Scheduler
- Purchase Orders
- Planning Schedule/Release
- Supply Chain EDI (Supplier Facing)
- Remote Warehouse Integration
- Transportation Management System
- PO Acknowledgement System
- Product Activity
- Product Catalog
- VAN Service
- Universal Data Translator
- Other EDI Transactions
- What are the unique advantages of Vantage Point EDI?
- Can I exchange EDI or XML data through the Internet with my trading partner without paying document or transmission fees with Vantage Point EDI?
- Does Data Masons provide outsourced EDI compliance or is it a toolset to create compliance for our trading partners?
- How do I get started if I’m already using an EDI solution?
- Do we need a separate server to run Vantage Point EDI?
- My trading partner uses a Value Added Network (VAN) for communication – can we use Vantage Point to connect directly to any network?
- Does Data Masons offer a VAN solution?
- Do we need a translator?
- Can we use our existing translator?
- Is government EDI supported?
- Does your software have the ability to generate 4x6 UCC-128 carton/pallet labels for vendor compliance and the ASN (856) document?
- Does this software interface with my accounting system so I don't have to manually enter data?
- How easy is the software to use?
- What EDI and XML standards do you support?
- What trading partners do you support?
- If a trading partner doesn't exist on the Data Masons list, are there additional costs involved?
- What is the turnaround time to get a partner up and running?
- What barcode printers do you support?
- Is Vantage Point EDI Certified for Microsoft Dynamics?
Vantage Point is an enterprise-class EDI solution that provides technology advances such as native XML document storage within SQL tables, an all-in-one solution design, outsourced/managed compliance and an outstanding data transformation solution. New partners can be set up in minutes, fully integrated with your accounting system and compliant with your partner’s requirements. Our expert knowledge of your accounting system enables us to create powerful and flexible integration without customizations.
Can I exchange EDI or XML data through the Internet with my trading partner without paying document or transmission fees with Vantage Point EDI?
Yes. Partners that support direct Internet connection options such as FTP or AS2 involve no transaction fees. Some partners mandate the use of a VAN service, and in that case you will likely pay transmission fees (kilo-character charges). When shopping for an EDI solution, examine your cost of ownership carefully. Most hosted solutions charge transmission fees when sending documents to partners who support direct connect (i.e., Wal-Mart). You are not charged these fees when using Vantage Point EDI. We can provide a total cost of ownership calculation upon request.
Does Data Masons provide outsourced EDI compliance or is it a toolset to create compliance for our trading partners?
Data Masons provides the best of both worlds when it comes to EDI compliance. All of the compliance responsibility can be affordably managed by Data Masons or you can create and manage your own compliance maps using our powerful mapping tool.
Data Masons will help you migrate all relevant data so that you don't have to re-enter any data unnecessarily. We will also make sure your EDI transmissions match your current solution without partner re-testing so that you can continue your EDI processing accurately without any disruption.
In most cases, Vantage Point EDI can run on the same server on which your ERP solution is running. If you have high volumes of EDI transactions, we might recommend a standalone server. We can review your current and potential volume with you and recommend your best course of action.
My trading partner uses a Value Added Network (VAN) for communication – can we use Vantage Point EDI to connect directly to any network?
If you have an existing service with another network or prefer to use an alternative network, Vantage Point EDI can connect directly to your existing mailbox. There is no additional cost to you for using an alternative network. We support connections to all of the major VAN networks – ANX, GXS, Sterling Commerce, PUBNET, IBM Advantis, Inovis, ICC, Covasint, ATT/Easylink and iTrade, just to name a few.
Data Masons offers an affordable and reliable VAN service. There are no minimums or contracts required to receive great service and pricing. We can provide a cost comparison between the Data Masons VAN service and your current provider so you can make an informed decision.
No. Vantage Point EDI has a built-in translator.
Yes. We can leverage any industry standard translator which you may be currently using.
Yes. Vantage Point EDI fully supports DOD and virtually all government agencies.
Does your software have the ability to generate 4x6 UCC-128 carton/pallet labels for vendor compliance and the ASN (856) document?
Yes. Vantage Point EDI was designed to provide those labels without extra software or additional cost.
Yes, this is a key advantage of Vantage Point. We deliver tight integration to the Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV and Exact Macola Progression/ES product lines. Vantage Point can also run as a standalone product.
It's very simple. The software is Windows-based with graphical workflow menus and easy to understand screens. We have had numerous customers get fully up and running with little or no training.
EDIFACT, ANSI X.12, VICS, UCS, and cXML are some of the standards supported by Vantage Point EDI. Additionally, Vantage Point EDI enables the definition of custom standards so that your organization can create its own and utilize that existing logic to store and map data.
A partial list is available in our Trading Partner Section.
No. We charge the same price whether or not the "kit" is developed. There are no special development fees for partners that are not listed. We will create a complete kit for your partners at no additional cost.
Immediately if the partner kit exists; otherwise new kits are made available within 3-5 business days.
Virtually all RFID and barcode label printers with a Windows printer driver are supported.
Yes, Vantage Point EDI has earned the Certified for Microsoft Dynamics (CfMD) AX distinction. Carrying this distinction, Vantage Point EDI has proven its seamless integration with the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform to meet the specific industry and business needs of its customers and demonstrated development quality and compatibility with the ERP.